Thursday, February 16, 2012

Where'd the time go?

Before you know it, you're 33 and you've got 3 kids in the house. Life is good. Life is full. I am regularly reminded of my favorite quote, which I have posted at the top of the screen. There are few things which are better than those which are right at hand, if only we would accept them for the amazing things that they are. I'll open my blog for 2012, and close this post by quoting again from Robert Louis Stevenson

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE NEAREST: BREATH IN YOUR NOSTRILS, LIGHT IN YOUR EYES, FLOWERS AT YOUR FEET, DUTIES AT YOUR HAND, THE PATH OF RIGHT JUST BEFORE YOU. THEN DO NOT GRASP AT THE STARS, BUT DO LIFE'S PLAIN, COMMON WORK AS IT COMES, CERTAIN THAT DAILY DUTIES AND DAILY BREAD ARE THE SWEETEST THINGS IN LIFE. -ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON-

2 comments:

Brandy Vencel said...

Wow. You're back after what? A three-year break?

MountainPowerLineman said...

Yep. Just a short breather. Getting back in the saddle again.